Brunch: Oatmeal inspired by Kath
so, the picture's not that great, but whatev. :-p. This was WONDERFUL oatmeal!
Basic Cin-nilla Oats
- Boil 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup skim milk & a pinch of salt.
- Add 1/2 c Old-Fashioned Oats. Cook 5 minutes; just before removing, add a smidge of vanilla extract.
- Spoon into bowl, sprinkle liberally with cinnamon.
PB & J Toppings
- 1 tsp Huckleberry Jam
- 1 tsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 crumbled Peanut Butter cookie.
Enjoy this fantastic bowl of oats!
11.8g Fat 53.46g Carbohydrates 13.62g Protein 379 kCal
(information based on my food journal on fatsecret.com)
This bowl would have been fab even without the cookie, which I added for texture more than anything. Nixing the cookie would save 7g Fat, 17g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 2g Protein and 140 kCal.